In 1920, Yerevan State Medical University was established.Yerevan State Medical University is one of the top and the best medical institutes in Armenia.
As it is the oldest university in Armenia, almost hundred years old, it has trained thousands of doctors. Yerevan State Medical University has highly qualified and experienced teachers.
Thus, students can fulfill their dream of studying MBBS at the Yerevan State Medical University.
Yerevan State Medical University – Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Yerevan State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||August, 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45 – 60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB for General|
40% for Reserved category
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx.)||Rs. 4.62 Lacs / Year|
|University Ranking||Country – 5|
World – 6976
|Course Duration||5 years + 1 year of internship|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO|
|Medium of Education||English|
Why Study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University?
Below are some of the benefits of studying MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Students are not required to pay any donation or capitation fee for their MBBS admission in the Armenian medical universities. They only need to pay the MBBS fees in Armenia online or by the other modes of payment in order to secure their seat.
- Living cost in Armenia is affordable and the tuition fees are also less.
- Students are not required to appear for any kind of entrance test
- One more added advantage for all the Indian students is that the top medical universities in Armenia are recognized and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- There is no english language exam like IELTS or TOEFL required.
- There are Indian mess and Indian restaurants available in Yerevan, so the students never face any problem related to food.
- The quality of education in Armenia is as good as countries like the UK, the USA and India and that too at a lower price.
- The language of education in medical colleges in Armenia is English.
Yerevan State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2020
The fee structure for Yerevan State Medical University for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx.)||$5000||$5000||$5000||$5000||$5000||$5000|
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Feem (approx.)||$1000||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total (USD) (approx.)||$6600||$5600||$5600||$5600||$5600||$5600|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.4.62 Lakhs||Rs.3.92 Lakhs||Rs.3.92 Lakhs||Rs.3.92 Lakhs||Rs.3.92 Lakhs||Rs.3.92 Lakhs|
- $1 = Rs.70
- Application, visa, flight tickets, food charges, one time charges, etc. will be extra up to Rs.80,000/- to Rs.1,00,000/- (or more approximately).
- The fees mentioned here are approximate and may change as per the change in currency.
Yerevan State Medical University – MBBS Duration
The duration of MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The duration of MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University is 6 years, out of which 1 year is internship.
- The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS at this university.
Yerevan State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University is as follows:1st Year
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Physiology cell biology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Micro-Biology and Path physiology||Pharmacology, genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th -6th Year
|Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Oncology, General Surgery, Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Primary Care medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Yerevan State Medical University is as follows:
- Students must have more than 60% marks in 12th standard.
- Students must have qualified for the NEET-UG examination.
- The age of a student or applicant must be more than 17 years and less than 25 years.
- A student must have chemistry, physics, and Biology as the main subject in 12th standard.
Following is the admission process for applying to MBBS course at Yerevan State Medical University:
Step 1: Open the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 3: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheets of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education
- Results of NEET exam
- Scanned copy of your Passport
Step 4: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 5: The university will mail you your visa invitation, as soon as it is ready.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Yerevan State Medical University:
- Application (duly filled) to the RA Minister of Education and Science
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant
- Application Form
- Medical record of the health state of the applicant.
- Passing certificates and mark sheets of applicants in 10th and 12th standard
- Attested and notarized copies of the academic documents of the applicant
- Copy of passport with date of birth or birth certificate (including all pages that have a mark or stamp)
- High School Diploma and its copy
- Six (6) passport-sized photos
- (4×6) Autobiography
Yerevan State Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Yerevan State Medical University:
Faculties at Yerevan State Medical University
Yerevan State Medical University has following 6 faculties:
Professional and Continuing Education Centre
Accreditation and Recognition
The MBBS, MD, and BDS degrees of Yerevan State Medical University are recognized by:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- And it is also present in the Directory of Higher Medical Institutions adopted by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- And accredited and recognized by the Ministry of Science, Education, Culture, and Sport of the Republic of Armenia.
Below given are the hostel facilities at Yerevan State Medical University:
- Yerevan State Medical University’s hostel is only 10 or 15 minutes away from the main campus, where the classes take place.
- The hostel is open for all and it welcomes all students from all different faculties.
- Facilities such as reading rooms, laundry rooms, communal kitchens, television, beds, computer clusters, and internet are available to the students of Yerevan State Medical University.
- Students can get 3 bedded shared rooms or high end fine cubicles.
- Rooms for students are well equipped and they are such that students will get timeless convenience and comfort for sure.
Cost of Living at Yerevan
The cost of living at Yerevan city is as follows:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.30 – Rs.500|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1800 – Rs.2000|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs. 900|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.14,000 – Rs.25,000|
About Yerevan City
Interesting facts about the Yerevan city are as follows:-
- Yerevan city is the capital city of Armenia.
- Yerevan is the industrial, cultural, and administrative center of Armenia.
- Yerevan offers a healthy and comfortable life to the students.
- Being the capital city of Armenia, Yerevan has all the facilities such as shopping malls, cafes, transport, and other recreational activities easily accessible for the students.
- This city is one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities.
- This is also the largest city of Armenia.
- There are a number of patients in the hospitals for students to practice their medical skills, as the city has a large population.
- Yerevan houses the Indian Embassy.
- The people of Yerevan are helpful towards the new entrants in the city.
- There is a good availability of connecting flights from Yerevan to countries world over and it is very good and people are always satisfied with their services.
- The Yerevan city has a moderate temperature throughout the year and it makes all season material easily available.