The University of Traditional Medicine is one of the leading institutions in Armenia was established in 1991. MBBS at the University of Traditional Medicine implements the educational process in accordance with international standards. Staff at the university includes experienced scientists, professors and doctors who work with a great reputation and occupy a worthy place in a system of higher education.
Faculty at the university prepares highly proficient scientists who will get experience in the treatment of traditional and modern medicine. The university received accreditation from the Ministry of Science and Education in 2001. It has cooperation with national and foreign universities to provide the best service in the field of medicine.
Mission of the University
- To establish the Physician-Patient relationship with a high level of morality.
- To provide regional medical education by following the international educational principles of modern medical education.
University of Traditional Medicine – Quick Highlights
Refer the table below for quick highlights about University of Traditional Medicine:
|Last Date To Apply||August 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 85%|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (approx)||Rs. 2.10 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English Medium|
|University Ranking||Country – 36|
World – 12608
|University Recognition||WHO & MCI approved|
Why Study MBBS at University of Traditional Medicine?
Following are the top benefits of studying MBBS at the University of Traditional Medicine:
- High-quality education is provided in the departments of General Medicine and Dentistry.
- Ease of modern technology with well-equipped laboratories
- Top-notch study environment and excellent infrastructure.
- Students will get an opportunity to work in local hospitals during the internship programs.
- Pleasant weather conditions for Indian students to stay and study MBBS in the University of Traditional Medicine.
- Competition is less as compared to India.
- Low cost of education and accommodation.
- Students will get a global clinical exposure during the course of study.
- University has experienced faculty members with the best learning experience.
- University of Traditional Medicine has a collaboration with multinational institutions to establish international standards in the field of medicine.
University of Traditional Medicine – MBBS Fee Structure (2020-21)
Here are the approx tuition fee and hostel fee for University of Traditional Medicine:
|Particular||Fees in USD||Fees in INR|
|Tuition Fees (approx)||$ 3000||2,10,000/-|
|Hostel Fees (approx)||$ 1000||70,000/-|
|Total MBBS Fee||$ 4000||2,80,000/-|
University of Traditional Medicine – MBBS Course Duration
The course duration of MBBS at the University of Traditional Medicine is 6 years:
The MBBS course duration at the University of Traditional Medicine includes 5 years of course and 1 year of internship. So the duration of the course is 6 years.
University of Traditional Medicine – MBBS Syllabus
The syllabus taught at the University of Traditional Medicine for MBBS is as follows:1st Year
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path physiology||Path physiology|
|Micro-Biology||genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th -6th Year
|Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Neurology, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Cardiology and Emergency Medicine.|
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS at University of Traditional Medicine is as follows:
- Applicants must have a state-recognized certificate of secondary education.
- Age must be 17 years as on or before the year of the admission process at University of Traditional Medicine.
- The applicant must have taken the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and biology equivalent to their secondary education.
- Aggregate must be 50% in corresponding subjects.
Admissions at the University of Traditional Medicine are conducted in accordance with State and Non-State higher education institution’s admission regulations approved by the Government decree:
- The admission process for foreign students is conducted in three different languages i.e. English, Russian or Armenian.
- The foreign nationals having the diploma or certificate of higher secondary education are eligible to apply for MBBS at University of Traditional Medicine.
Admissions of foreign citizens are carried out in four different stages:
- Information verification
- Document confirmation
- Consular ratification
Following is the document checklists required for applying MBBS course at University of Traditional Medicine:
- Application to the Ministry of Science and Education
- Copy of original passport
- Medical certificate
- Copy of mark sheets/certificates
- 4 passport size photographs
Applicant can submit the documents by,
- Personally or authorized representative
- By post/e-mail to the Ministry’s official address
- Directly on the portal of university
University of Traditional Medicine – Ranking(2020-21)
According to 4icu, the ranking of University of Traditional Medicine is :
Courses Offered at University of Traditional Medicine
Following are the faculties offered at University of Traditional Medicine:1
General Medicine (MD/MBBS)
- The Faculty of General Medicine at the University of Traditional Medicine was established in 1991 by the Dean of department A.
- Karapetyan. With 26 years of teaching experience in medicine, the university prepares the medical personnel who possess traditional and modern medicine methods of diagnosis and treatment.
- The Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Traditional Medicine was established in 1996 by the head of the department K. Vardanyan.
- The university prepares high-level dentists by providing a 5-year course in Dentistry with modern methods of diagnosis and treatment.
Cost of Living in Yerevan City
The table below shows the approx cost of living for a month in Yerevan City:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
Note: 1$ = Rs. 70
Hostel & Accommodation
University of Traditional Medicine offers accommodation to foreign students with following facilities:
- Well-equipped rooms
- Mess facility
- Internet facilities
- Sport Complex
- Student Councils
- Visitors room
Student Life at University of Traditional Medicine
The University of Traditional Medicine has a self Governed student council elected by the body of Government of Armenia representing the social interests of students. It’s a complete non-political organization that meets the official interests of students and promotes the educational, scientific, artistic and spiritual development of students.
The student’s committee has to work in the following areas:
- To organize events, sports and competitions periodically.
- To work actively in a recreation center of students.
- To establish external relations with other universities to organize international level programs at the university.
Scientific Medical & Training Center (SMTC)
The University of Traditional Medicine has a scientific, medical and training center that provides medical and scientific services to students in addition to performing educational activities.
Services under the Scientific Medical & Training Center are:
- General Medicine Practice
- Needle-burning therapy
- Therapeutic dentistry
- Dental surgery
- Orthopedic dentistry
The center cooperates with government and non-governmental organizations to enhance the effectiveness of its activities thereby expanding the scope of the students.
The integration of modern and traditional medicine is practiced in the center to make the effective treatment of medicine.
Welcome to University of Traditional Medicine,
In collaboration with our lecturers, academic staff, academic and the students of the university, we are committed to promoting an interdisciplinary and learner-centered approach by creating a high-quality learning environment. Right from the establishment, our mission is to train the innovative research-focused scholars, professionals who will develop the ethical and moral values for the society.
In the light of the 21st century, we aim to sustain beyond traditional education by adapting the advanced educational approach to enhance the professional knowledge of students. We offer a safe, high quality and dynamic environment that will help you to shape your future.
We wish you the learning in a delightful environment that you will always remember with a smile and long-lasting friendships.
About Yerevan City
Yerevan city is the capital of Armenia situated on the Hrazdan River. The city has set an example of architecture from soviet times. In the year of 1920, Yerevan became the capital of the Armenian republic. It is a vibrant city with an attractive architecture that has been named as a “pink city” due to the color of volcanic tufa rock from which the number of buildings is constructed.
From ancient times, the city has a number of museums, architectural monuments and exhibitions from the period of Erebuni fortress. Opera house is another example of an attractive Yerevan architecture design by Alexander Tamanian in 1933. The city is connected with the republic square by the botanical parks, cafes and fountains where people enjoy their evenings, weekends with peace of joy.
The city has a continental climate with very hot summers and cold & snowy winters. Generally, the summers are very hot in Yerevan with a temperature of 40°C and winters are cold with a temperature of -15°C and lower.