Ternopil National Medical University is ranked among one of the top universities in Ukraine. It was established on September 1, 1957. The university has got the third rank with IVth highest level of accreditation by Ministry of Health and Education in Ukraine. There are 800 foreign students from 48 countries all over the world.
Ternopil National Medical University is well-known for cultural traditions. Around 10,000 students are studying medical course at the university. The Ternopil Medical University has 30 departments in which 148 teachers are working.
Today, the university has become a scientific, medical, pedagogical, cultural & educational center of Ukraine. In the year 2004, the specialized council in Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology was established.
Ternopil National Medical University – Quick Highlights 2021
Take a look at the important facts about MBBS at Ternopil National Medical University:
|Last Date to Apply||15 April, 2021|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fee||RS. 2.90 Lakh/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English & European|
|University Recognition||MCI, WHO and UΝЕЅСО accredited|
|University Ranking||Country Ranking: 07|
World Ranking: 3368
Ternopil National Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2020
Students should take the following fee structure in consideration for taking admission to MBBS in Ternopil National Medical University:
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4,000|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.2,90,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.1,10,000|
Note: 1$= Rs.72.50 (It may vary)
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University provides the following major reasons to students for taking admission to MBBS course:
- No entrance tests such as IELTS or GMATS are required for admission in Ternopil National Medical University
- Ternopil Medical University is a part of the Bologna Process which consist of a series of agreements done with European countries to establish high-quality education.
- The degree awarded in Ternopil National Medical University is globally recognized by an international corporation.
- Cost of living in Ukraine is affordable for every foreign citizen.
- Individual attention is given to each & every student with high authorized medical staff.
- Cost of studying MBBS in TNMU, Ukraine is affordable for every international student.
Ternopil National Medical University – Course Duration
Just like the other top medical universities in Ukraine, Ternopil National Medical University also offers 6 years of MBBS course:
The MBBS degree at Ternopil National Medical University is divided into two parts. The first 5 years are dedicated towards theoretical and some practical knowledge of medical science, whereas the last 1 year is distributed for the internship in private & government affiliated hospitals.
Ternopil National Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
Students get to learn following subjects semester wise while studying MBBS course at Ternopil National Medical University:
Semester 1 & Semester 2
Semester 3 & Semester 4
|Human Anatomy||Normal Physiology|
|History of Medicine||Microbiology|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology||Philosophy|
|Histology, Cytology, and Embryology||Economics|
|Bio-inorganic, Information science, and Medical Equipment||Russian language|
|Medical Biology, Genetics, and Parasitology||Logics|
Semester 5 & Semester 6
Semester 7 & Semester 8
|Bases of psychology and pedagogic||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Social medicine and organization of health protection services||Remedial gymnastics and sport medicine|
|Pharmacology and Medical dispensing of medicine||Dermatovenerol diseases|
|Pathological physiology||Psychiatry, narcology and Medical psychology|
|Propaedeutic of children diseases with the care of children||Nervous diseases|
|Radial diagnostics and radial therapy||Faculty pediatrics with Medical genetics|
|General surgery with anesthesiology and cafe of patients||Radiative medicine|
|Topographic anatomy||Phthisiatry (Tuberculosis)|
|Propaedeutic of inner diseases with the care of patients||Facultative therapy with physiotherapy|
|General hygiene||Economics of health protection|
Semester 9 & Semester 10
Semester 11 & Semester 12
|ENT||Social medicine and organization of health protection|
|Hospital therapy and military field therapy||Economics of health protection|
|Occupational diseases||Internal medicine|
|Traumatology and orthopedic||Infectious diseases|
|Hospital podiatry||Tropical diseases|
|Pediatrics surgery||Children infection diseases|
|Infectious and tropical diseases||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Epidemiology and military epidemiology||Pediatric surgery|
|Children infectious diseases||Reanimatology (intensive care)|
|Urgent states medicine of catastrophes||Clinical immunology and allergology|
|Basics of law||Therapy|
|Military field surgery||–|
Students who complete all the following criteria can proceed to take admission to Ternopil National Medical University:
- Students have to submit legal and authorized documents
- Students must have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 55% in PCB.
- It is mandatory to have original certificates of respective documents.
- For Indian students, they have to submit a copy of a nationality certificate.
How to Apply at Ternopil National Medical University?
Take a look at this step by step description and follow these simple steps to take MBBS admission at Ternopil National Medical University:
Step 1: The candidates who wish to apply for MBBS at TNMU do forward your resume to [email protected]
Step 2: Eligible candidate will get an invitation letter from Ternopil National Medical University either by mail or by courier.
Step 3: The candidate should then submit an invitation letter to the Embassy of Ukraine for applying for a student visa.
Step 4: After getting a student visa, students must report to the International Students Office of Ternopil National Medical University.
Step 5: By confirming the arrival time, students should inform to the International Students Office for the further application process.
Step 6: The admission Process will be completed when the candidate signs an agreement with the university and pay the tuition fee for the 1st year.
Get all these documents ready before taking admission to MBBS course to Ternopil National Medical University:
- Original copy of high school certificate
- Original copy of birth certificate
- Valid health certificate
- 12 photographs (3cm x 4cm)
- Confirmation letter from the respective Embassy of Ukraine
- Student visa with a valid passport
- AIDS/HIV Test Certificate
Ternopil National Medical University – Winter Intake 2021
Students should not miss these important dates, these are the important dates for application and admission dates:
|Application Start Date||Jan 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||Feb 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||15 April 2021|
Courses Offered at Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University offers the following faculties for the medical students:
Ternopil National Medical University – Accreditation & Recognition
Following accreditation and recognitions make Ternopil National Medical University the trustworthy institute to take admission for medical courses:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission, INDIA (NMC)
- World Federation of Medical Education
- Ministry of Education, Ukraine
Ternopil National Medical University – FMGE Performance 2020
Find the passing percent and appeared students in year 2019 for Ternopil National Medical University is here in the table below:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Ternopil National Medical University||49||11||21.74%|
Medium of Teaching
The medium of teaching at Ternopil National Medical University for foreign students and native students is optional:
The medium of teaching at Ternopil National Medical University is English, Ukrainian and Russian language. Foreign students are allowed to choose between these languages as a medium for their MBBS course.
Ternopil National Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Ternopil National Medical University:
|Country Rank||World Rank|
Cost of Living in Ternopil
The living cost and the expenses in Ternopil City (Ukraine) are described below and mentioned in table below:
|Particulars||Expense in USD||Expense in INR|
|Rent||150-165||Rs 10,500 – 11,550|
|Food||45 – 50||Rs 3150-3500|
Note: For the calculation purpose 1$ = Rs. 70 assumed.
Hostel Facilities (Student’s Life)
Student’s life at Ternopil National Medical University is filled with quality education and a lavish stay:
- Students are provided multistoried hostels to stay.
- The hostels are provided to foreign students at very low price and rents.
- Students can stay at lavish hostels with approx Rs. 40,000 fee per year.
- All the necessary things are provided to students like, bed, bedsheets, pillows, tables, chairs, cupboards.
- The rooms are equipped with Wifi and high speed internet.
- University dormitories are provided to students with well-furnished rooms
- There are 2-3 students in each room.
- The accommodation includes the library, gyms, laundry and internet facilities.
- Students can participate in sports and cultural activities taking place in the university and other parts of Ternopil city.
Structure of Ternopil National Medical University
- The university has a rector, 5 vice-rectors, 3 deans and 29 heads of the department.
- The university provides well-crafted libraries with 12,400 copies of books including scientific journals and research papers.
- 580 teachers and scientists, 87 doctors of sciences, Professors.
- 348 candidates of science, Assistant professors, 3 members of National Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine, 48 departments of the university.
- 3 Physicians and 3 inventors of Ukraine.
- 62 monographs and 87 collected materials of the scientific conference.
About Ternopil City
- Ternopil is one of the eminent urban communities of western Ukraine, situated in its heart and having the status of an essential exchange focus.
- It is a peaceful, incredibly green city with a special climate, splendid history and a plenty of intriguing normal, verifiable and engineering sights.
- In the 16th of century, Ternopil city was occupied by a small territory.
- Ternopil pond which is the largest reservoir of Ternopil also called as Ternopil lake established on the secret river in 1951.
- It is the oldest surviving construction in Ternopil.
- In the 20th century, the castle was turned into a Russian classicist palace, and its remaining defenses were annihilated.
- Nowadays, a stone wall with highly decorated gates surrounds the palace.