Kharkiv National Medical University was founded in the year 1805, which is one of the oldest educational establishment in Ukraine. At present, around 600 teachers are working at the department of Kharkiv National Medical University. It is a member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. More than 10,000 specialists have trained at Kharkiv National Medical University from 85 states of Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East Countries.
Kharkiv National Medical University has a well-educated and experienced staff who provides quality education to students with affordable course fees. KNMU has received top accreditation in Ukraine by the State Accreditation Committee of Ukraine. Kharkiv National Medical University has 6 faculties and a preparatory department.
The education process and method of teaching at KNMU accompanied by Medical Council of India (MCI). At KNMU, the candidate will get fulfilled by the well-determined academic curriculum to educate from bachelor to doctor of medicine. The education policy of Kharkiv National Medical University includes quality assurance, university management, international contacts within the scope of the university’s competence.
Kharkiv National Medical University – Highlights
Mentioned below in table are major facts of Kharkiv National Medical University:
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs. 3.85 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & European|
|Recognition of Universities||MCI & WHO Approved|
|University Ranking||Ukraine Ranking – 122|
World Ranking – 7866
Kharkiv National Medical University – Fee Structure 2020
The Kharkiv National Medical University is providing quite affordable range of fee price for MBBS course:
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 5,500|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,85,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.40,000|
Note: 1$= Rs.70 (It may vary)
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University
Checkout the major reasons to choose Kharkiv National Medical University for pursuing MBBS Career:
- Subjects are taught in English/Russian Medium
- WHO and MCI recognized Medical degree
- Guest lectures and seminars are conducted by experts
- Bilateral Student exchange program with European universities
- Opportunities to work in abroad
- Get a top-notch medical education to clear FMGE exam.
- Affordable cost of training
Kharkiv National Medical University – MBBS Course Duration
Mentioned below is the medicine course duration of Kharkiv National Medical University:
- The students coming to pursue MBBS in Kharkiv National Medical University from different parts of the world must complete 6 years of Medicine program.
- During 5 years Medical aspirants will get basic medicine knowledge. Including theoretical as well as practical knowledge from our top class faculty members providing the high standard of education.
- After the MBBS course the students must go through 1 year of compulsory Internship program.
Kharkiv National Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The students must go through the syllabus for better understanding of MBBS course:
Semester 1 & Semester 2
Semester 3 & Semester 4
|Human Anatomy||Normal Physiology|
|History of Medicine||Microbiology|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology||Philosophy|
|Histology, Cytology, and Embryology||Economics|
|Bio-inorganic, Information science, and Medical Equipment||Russian language|
|Medical Biology, Genetics, and Parasitology||Logics|
Semester 5 & Semester 6
Semester 7 & Semester 8
|Bases of psychology and pedagogic||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Social medicine and organization of health protection services||Remedial gymnastics and sport medicine|
|Pharmacology and Medical dispensing of medicine||Dermatovenerol diseases|
|Pathological physiology||Psychiatry, narcology and Medical psychology|
|Propaedeutic of children diseases with the care of children||Nervous diseases|
|Radial diagnostics and radial therapy||Faculty pediatrics with Medical genetics|
|General surgery with anesthesiology and cafe of patients||Radiative medicine|
|Topographic anatomy||Phthisiatry (Tuberculosis)|
|Propaedeutic of inner diseases with the care of patients||Facultative therapy with physiotherapy|
|General hygiene||Economics of health protection|
Semester 9 & Semester 10
Semester 11 & Semester 12
|ENT||Social medicine and organization of health protection|
|Hospital therapy and military field therapy||Economics of health protection|
|Occupational diseases||Internal medicine|
|Traumatology and orthopedic||Infectious diseases|
|Hospital podiatry||Tropical diseases|
|Pediatrics surgery||Children infection diseases|
|Infectious and tropical diseases||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Epidemiology and military epidemiology||Pediatric surgery|
|Children infectious diseases||Reanimatology (intensive care)|
|Urgent states medicine of catastrophes||Clinical immunology and allergology|
|Basics of law||Therapy|
|Military field surgery||–|
To study MBBS at Kharkiv National Medical University, below given is the eligibility criteria:-
- The candidate must be 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The applicants must have cleared NEET exam.
- All the candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as elective subjects and acquired at least half in a total of PCB joined. Also, students must have studied and passed English as an obligatory subject.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum 50% of marks in subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry combined.
How to Apply for an MBBS Course in Kharkiv National Medical University?
The admission process for taking admission to Kharkiv National Medical University is mentioned below step by step:
Step 1: In order to apply to this University, and send an international application, students should contact the admission department of the University by [email protected] and must send the following documents:
- secondary school completion certificate
- international passport or birth certificate
Step 2: For further admission confirmation and guidance in registering to the University, the scanned documents are to be sent to the University by email for evaluation of eligibility.
Step 3: Along with other details of enrollment, the student will be granted an admission confirmation letter in case they are eligible.
Step 4: Students must apply for INVITATION LETTER, and it must be delivered to the home address of the applicant at the Embassy of Ukraine.
Step 5: Students are advised to pay the first year admission fee to process the admission further.
Step 6: With the original receipt of the admission fee students should apply for the students visa and passport.
Step 7: Students must inform about their flight details to the University so that a representative from the University can pick them up at the airport.
Students should make sure that they have the following documents already cleared before proceeding for the admission process:
- A Passport (Valid for a minimum of 2 years)
- Academic certificates (SSC, HSC, NEET)
- Student Visa
- Expenses necessary for the Academic year
- 6 color photos (size 6×4 cm)
- Welcome Letter from the University
- Original Education Certificates (10th and 12th) and copies of Education Certificates
- Birth Certificate’s copy
- Affirmation Letter
- Flight tickets To and Fro.
- Money related status of Guardians record (or Student’s record, if they are responsible to pay).
Kharkiv National Medical University – Academic Calendar 2020
Here are some Important dates to remember if you want to pursue Medical career:
|Application Start Date||June 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 Weeks From Application|
|Admission Start Date||August 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||November 2020|
Kharkiv National Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, following is the country and world ranking for Kharkiv National Medical University is:
Courses offered at KNMU
1. Medical Faculty
- At KNMU, the duration of the medical course is 6 years.
- The degree awarded as M.D (MBBS/General Medicine).
- Medical faculty has award-winning professors who strive to built innovation and excellence in the field of medical studies.
- After signing a contract, the foreigners are split into a group of 7 or 8 students, individual attention will be given to each and every group
- Clinical subjects are taught in English medium at the beginning of the 3rd year.
- Dentistry faculty at KNMU provided with a curriculum of 5-years.
- The students undergo basic subjects in medical, biological profile and clinical discipline.
- After completion of course, the degree awarded to students is BDS (Dentist).
- The chairs of Dentistry studies include anatomy, histology, physiology, biochemistry with the high-skilled teachers.
- The primary task of Dental faculty is to provide high dentistry education by increasing the quality of doctors in dental training.
The Dentistry syllabus has 11,147 training hours out of them:
- Social economic Subjects – 600 hours
- Humanitarian Subjects –1026 hours
- Fundamental Subjects – 1854 hours
- At KNMU, the duration of Pharmacy course is 5-years
- The pharmacist is a source of a healthcare provider who provides therapeutic and preventive pharmaceutical care.
- The first third year of a program comprises a pharmaceutical, biomedical, social administrative and clinical sciences.
- The 5th year of pharmacy program includes advanced practical training in Pharmaceutical healthcare by a group of experienced professionals.
- Bachelor program in nursing educates registered nurses to work as professionals nurses in the healthcare sector.
- The course of nursing focuses on a study and practical training of clinical science.
- The nursing program at KNMU has 3 academic years and follows the Bologna process to prepare future specialists.
- The curriculum consists of theoretical & practical aspects of nursing encompasses the respective areas of preventive healthcare, health education, health promotion and treatment of patients.
The course of Nursing studies at KNMU are:
|Medical Nursing||Surgical Nursing|
|Psychiatric Nursing||Nursing for Women and Children|
5. Postgraduate Studies
- KNMU offers postgraduate studies with a duration of 2-3 years.
- The postgraduate faculty of KNMU has 50 medical specialties including internship, mastership, and clinical internships.
- Postgraduates at KNMU are taught in English, Ukrainian and Russian language and the medical programs are approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Kharkiv National Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
The details about FMGE performance for Kharkiv National Medical University of year 2019 with passing percent is as follows:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||302||120||39.74%|
Scholarship at KNMU
There is the Scholarships program available in the Kharkiv National Medical University:
- Kharkiv National Medical University provides scholarships to the certain category of students.
- Applicable for ST/SC/OBC category students who can’t afford the university fee structure.
Medium of Teaching
The medium of instruction used for MBBS education at Kharkiv National Medical University is English language.
Cost of Living in Kharkiv
The living cost of the city is much cheaper which may vary as per individual requirements, here is the monthly cost:
|Particulars||Approx Range in USD||Approx Range in RS|
|Rent||USD 142 – 170||Rs 10,000 – 11,900|
|Meal cost||USD 40 – 50||Rs 2800- 3500 Rs 1050 – 1120|
|Transportation cost||USD 15 – 16||Rs 2800- 3500 Rs 1050 – 1120|
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities
The University Provides excellent accomodation facility to International students along with basic amenities:
- Kharkiv National Medical University provides one of the best accommodation facilities to foreign students.
- There are rooms allocated to students on a sharing basis, separate basis, single, double and triple share basis.
- Students are provided with all the luxurious facilities.
- Common kitchen and washing machines are provided for the students.
- The rooms are provided with Wifi, bed, blanker, tables, chairs and cupboards.
- There is a team for students who takes care of the cleanliness and hygiene of the hostel area.