On 16th June 1930, Ivanovo State Medical Academy was established. In the central part of Russia, the Academy is situated.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy is located in Ivanovo city. The city is 4-5 hours away from Moscow by bus or train.
The Academy has trained more than 25000 doctors till date. The teaching staff of the Academy includes more than 400 instructors, among them there are more than 270 Candidates of Science and 70 Doctors of Science.
More than 150 international students from 28 countries study at this university. There are three libraries, a sports center, and three student’s hostels in the Academy.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy – Quick Highlights
Given below is the table for quick highlights about Ivanovo State Medical Academy:-
|Intake for MBBS Course||June 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||15 to 20 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB (45% for SC/ST)|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Ranking||Country Rank – 274|
World Rank – 7028
|Course Duration||5 years + 1 year of internship|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI, WHO, FAIMER, USMLE|
|Medium of Education||English (Russian language taught for internship)|
Why Study MBBS at Ivanovo State Medical Academy?
Advantages of studying MBBS at Ivanovo State Medical Academy, Russia are as given below:
- The medium of instruction for the MBBS course at Ivanovo State Medical University is English.
- The cost of studying MBBS in Russia is very low and the cost of living in Russia is low too as exchange rate of Ruble is almost similar to Indian Rupee.
- The university has a friendly environment.
- Indian food is available for the students.
- The MBBS degree from this university is approved by MCI, WHO, etc. and hence students can work anywhere after completing MBBS from Ivanovo State Medical Academy.
- Campus of this university is very big and there are hostels in the campus so students can easily reach the university.
- The campus of the university is safe for students.
- The faculties of the university are highly qualified and experienced.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy – MBBS Fee Structure 2020
The fee structure for Ivanovo State Medical Academy, Russia for MBBS program is given in the table below:
|Particular||First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year||Fifth Year||Sixth Year|
|Fees in Indian Rupees||Rs.2.59 Lacs||Rs.1.89 Lacs||Rs.1.89 Lacs||Rs.1.89 Lacs||Rs.1.89 Lacs||Rs.1.89 Lacs|
Note: 1$ =Rs.70 ( It may vary )
Food charges, etc. can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
As the fees are approximate, they may vary as per the change in currency.
MBBS Course Duration – Ivanovo State Medical Academy
The duration of MBBS course at Ivanovo State Medical Academy is mentioned below:
The duration of MBBS course at Ivanovo State Medical Academy is 6 years, of which 1 year is internship. The medium of instruction is English, and the Russian language is taught separately for internship.
Ivanovo State Medical Academy – Ranking 2020
According to UniRank (4icu), the ranking of Ivanovo State Medical Academy – is as follows:
Ivanovo State Medical Academy – MBBS Course Syllabus
Ivanovo State Medical Academy’s syllabus for studying MBBS is as follows:1st Year
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Psychology & Pedagogy||Physiology|
|Anatomy and Physiology||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Micro-Biology and Path physiology||Pharmacology|
|–||Genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th -6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at Ivanovo State Medical Academy is as follows:
- TStudents must have cleared NEET exam.
- The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology if the student is from the General category and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- The students from SC/ST/OBC category must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject
Admission Process for MBBS Course
Following is the simple & easy admission process for studying MBBS at Ivanovo State Medical Academy:
Step 1: Students should fill the application form available online.
Step 2: Then they have to submit a school leaving certificate, a birth certificate, a copy of passport, and transcripts of records.
Once students submit the above documents, they will receive an admission letter from the university.
Step 4: The Registration Fees should be paid to the University Account.
Step 5: The Department of Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation will start issuing the official invitation letter for study on the confirmation of the admission by respective universities.
Step 6: On receiving an admission letter from Russian Federation, students would need to visit the embassy/ consulate of the Russian Federation in your country for a student visa.
Following documents are required at the time of admission to Ivanovo State Medical Academy:
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate and 12th standard mark sheet
- Copy of NEET UG Result
- Invitation charges
- Duly filled application form (online or onsite)
- Income proof of parents or guardian
- Undergraduate, and Graduate certificates (if any)
- Address Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photos
Courses Offered at Ivanovo State Medical Academy
Below are the courses provide by Ivanovo State Medical Academy:
Accreditation and Recognition
Ivanovo State Medical Academy has following Accreditation and Recognition:-
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- European Medical Council
Cost of Living at Ivanovo
Following are the living expenses at Ivanovo city:
The table below shows the average and approx cost of living in Russia for a month. This may vary from person to person and according to the living style of the students.
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.30 – Rs.540|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2000 – Rs.2100|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.22 – 24|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.750|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||Cost between Rs.10,800 – Rs.16,000|
Hostel & Food
Following are the hostel & food facilities for MBBS students at Ivanovo State Medical Academy:
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy has 3 hostels which can accommodate more than 500 students.
- All the dormitories are fully equipped with modern utilities and they have hot and cold water supply, centralized heating, and 24×7 electricity.
- The facilities provided at the university are as per international standard, as students from all over the world come, live and study at the Ivanovo State Medical Academy.
- The dormitory is under high security.
- All the rooms of the hostel are well ventilated, spacious and furnished with beds, pillows, blanket, mattress, etc.
- In every hostel, reading rooms and gym are accommodated.
- The hostels are provided with round the clock security and assistance for safety of every student staying in the hostel.
- Students can also rent off campus housing/flats in private apartments. The price varies depending on the size and location of the flat.
- Indian food is available at the hostel of Ivanovo State University.
About Ivanovo City
Some of the highlights of the Ivanovo city are:
- Ivanovo city is located about 300 km northeast of Moscow, in the central part of European Russia.
- The city is the administrative center of Ivanovo Oblast. The city is also called under the names as the “city of brides”, the textile capital of Russia, as well as the “Russian and Red Manchester”.
- The population of Ivanovo is about 405,000 as per the 2019 census, and the area of Ivanovo is 105 sq. km.
- At Ivanovo city, the climate is temperate continental. Summer at Ivanovo is warm, but not hot; winter is moderately frosty with permanent snow cover. The coldest month in Ivanovo is January with an average monthly temperature of minus 12 degrees Celsius, the warmest month of summer is July, where average monthly temperature goes till plus 18.8 degrees Celsius.
- Ivanovo city has mini buses, trolley buses for public transport