The Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) is considered as the best medical university of Ukraine. Since 2001, its rank 1st among other Ukrainian medical universities stated by the rating of Ministry of Health & Ministry of Education of Ukraine.
Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” is the first medical university of Ukraine which was recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) and from Directory of I-Med Schools. Donetsk National Medical University (Mariupol Campus) is registered with the world Medical Universities list.
Donetsk National Medical University “DNMU” was the first medical university in Ukraine and in eastern Europe who started the faculties of Medicine and Dentistry in English language for foreign students in 1991 after independence of Ukraine.
Donetsk National Medical University – At a Glance
|Last Date to Apply||March, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs. 3.76 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English & European|
|University Recognition||MCI, WHO and UΝЕЅСО recognition|
|University Ranking||Ukraine Ranking – 98|
World Ranking – 7629
Advantages of Donetsk National Medical University
- English as a medium of Teaching
- Low cost tuition fees
- Less living cost
- 50% discount travelling cost in public transport for foreign students
- High quality education
- Highly professional instructors
- Well equipped educational cases and clinical bases
Donetsk National Medical University – Fee Structure
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4,800|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,36,000|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.40,000|
Note: 1$= Rs.70 (It may vary)
Courses Offered by Donetsk National Medical University
Courses provided in Donetsk National Medical University
Donetsk National Medical University – Ranking 2020
As per UniRank (4icu), Donetsk National Medical University – Ranking
History of the Faculty
The history of the faculty starts from June 12, 1930. The People’s Commissars of USSR adopted a decree on the formation of the Donetsk Medical Institute.
One of the first institute to work came from the city of Odessa, Professor Nikolai Dovgyallo, who became dean at that time of the only faculty of general medicine (1930-1934 ). November 28, 1930 hosted the first lecture delivered in a solemn ceremony by Professor Nikolai Dovgyallo.
A great achievement of the faculty of general medicine of Donetsk medical institute was the first degree award ceremony for physicians which held in February 1936. Faculty has awarded the degree to 161 students. Those all students completed the medicine from Donetsk medical Institute. By the same year in 1936 the second batch of Doctors has been awarded with the degree. At that time under faculty of general medicine were working 33 departments, employing 23 professors, 34 associate professors and 24 assistants.
Admission Procedure of Donetsk National Medical University
Step 1: How to Get Invitation Letter
To get an invitation letter from Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) we require the following documents:
- Copy of International passport
- Copy of School leaving certificate
You can send us the documents by email or by fax.
Step 2: Visa
After getting invitation letter from Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) students should contact to nearest Ukraine Embassy or Consulate.
- Original Invitation letter
- Original international passport (valid for one year)
- Higher Secondary School certificate (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Birth Certificate (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing absence of Aids/HIV (translated into Ukrainian language)
- Medical Certificate showing physical and mental fitness (translated into Ukrainian language)
- 8 Passport size Photos
Step 3: Arrival
- After getting visa from Ukraine embassy, students should inform us about his/her flight details with date and arrival time.
- One of our representative shall receive the student at the airport.
Donetsk National Medical University got highest accreditation IVth level by Committee of Ukraine.
Accommodation Facilities by Donetsk NMU
- The Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) 9 hostels with the total area of 44512 sq.m for accommodation of 4356 students.
- (DNMU) provides a guarantee of accommodation placement services to all international students who receive an academic offer. There are several accommodation options for international students and it is important to consider whether you prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community.
- Rooms on campus are available to students. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in size and number of conveniences. Dormitory rooms at Donetsk National Medical University (DNMU) hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
About Donetsk City
Donetsk is an popular city in Ukraine on the river of Kalmius located in the east of Ukraine. Today, the actual administrative center of the Donetsk region is Kramatorsk. In 2001, Donetsk was the 5th biggest city in Ukraine. Since April 2014, the city has been controlled by genius Russian separatists from the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic.
The city is known for major economic, industrial & scientific center of Ukraine with a high grouping of organizations and a gifted work. In 1961, Donetsk becomes the center for coal mining and steel industry.