Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the multidisciplinary institutions in Ukraine having the 4th level of accreditation with autonomous management. In 1959, the educational institutions were shifted from Odessa to Zaporozhyand in the year of 1968, the institute was renamed as Zaporozhye Medical Institute.
In 1994, the institute received the status of State Medical University which provides higher education services offering courses in bachelor, master, specialists, postgraduate studies, internships, doctoral studies, pharmacists, etc.
It is one of the oldest & best medical higher educational institutions in Ukraine. For more than 40 years, it has gained authority and recognition by training foreign citizens from Europe, Latin America, USA, Canada, Asia, and Africa. More than 3500 specialists have got medical and pharmaceutical education and are working now in more than 100 countries of the world, taking up high positions in the public health systems of their countries.
Zaporozhye State Medical University – Quick Highlights
Let’s have a quick look on some of the highlights and facts about the Zaporozhye state Medical University.
|Last Date to Apply||September, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||$ 3,600 Per Year.|
|Ranking||Country rank- 48|
World rank- 4883
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & European|
|Recognition of University||MCI & WHO Approved|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Zaporozhye State Medical University
Each student who wish to study MBBS at Zaporozhye state medical university has the following benefits of studying medical degree at this university
- Zaporozhye State Medical University is MCI approved and also recognized by WHO and many medical councils of other countries.
- It offers an affordable fee structure for students.
- The medical degree from Zaporozhye State Medical University is recognized worldwide. The students of Zaporozhye State Medical University can practice their medicine in all the recognized countries.
- Zaporozhye State Medical University has highly qualified professors.
- Highly professional and advanced technology is used to teach students.
Zaporozhye State Medical University – Fee Structure
|Fee Structure||Year – 1||Year – 2||Year – 3||Year – 4||Year – 5||Year – 6|
|Tuition Fee||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600|
|Hostel||$ 850||$ 850||$ 850||$ 850||$ 850||$ 850|
|Food||$ 1500||$ 1500||$ 1500||$ 1500||$ 1500||$ 1500|
|OTC (Ukraine)||$ 3000||–||–||–||–||–|
|OTC (India)||$ 1430||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total||$ 10,380||$ 5,950||$ 5,950||$ 5,950||$ 5,950||$ 5,950|
- OTC – One Time Charges
- India One Time Charges : $ 1430 (Visa & Flight Excluded)
- $1 = Rs.70 (It may vary)
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS course
Every student who wants to take admission to Zaporozhye State Medical University has to fit in these eligibility criteria.
- Applying for the MBBS course at Zaporozhye State Medical University, students should have a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Candidates must have applied for NEET exam.
- Age of the candidate should be between 17 to 25 years.
Students must follow these simple steps to take admission to Zaporozhye State Medical Uiverstiy for MBBS degree:
Step 1: Medical aspirants need to apply online through a portal available on a college website –http://int.zsmu.edu.ua/
Step 2: After registration, fill the application form with valid details.
Step 3: Take a printout of application form.
Step 4: After reviewing the documents, the candidate will get an invitation letter from the institute.
Step 5: Candidates should have to carry all original documents along with a printout of application form at the institute.
Keep all the documents mentioned below ready for the admission process to MBBS degree at Zaporozhye State Medical University:
- Filled Application Form
- Copy of 10th mark sheet
- Copy of 12th mark sheet
- Copy of Passport/ID card
- Copy of leaving certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Passport size photographs
After receiving an invitation letter from Zaporozhye State Medical University, a candidate can apply for the visa to the Ukrainian Embassy of the respective country.
Documents Required: For visa process
- Original copy of passport
- Copy of invitation letter
- Secondary school certificate authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Medical Certificate
- Passport Size Photos
Zaporozhye State Medical University – FMGE Performance 2019
Zaporozhye State Medical University gives one of the best FMGE results in passing percentage. Here is the FMGE 2019 passing percent for the same:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Zaporozhye State Medical University||657||191||29.07%|
Zaporozhye State Medical University – MBBS Course Duration
The duration of studying MBBS in this university is of 6 years
The MBBS course duration in Ukraine includes 5 years of course where the important subjects and theoretical knowledge is given to students. The course is followed by 1 year of an internship program where students are allowed to learn practical things in affiliated hospitals.
Important Dates – Intake 2020
Important dates to remember for admission to MBBS in Ukraine:
|Application Start Date||May 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||June 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||September 2020|
Zaporozhye State Medical University – Ranking 2020
As per UniRank (4icu), As per UniRank (4icu), below is the ranking of Zaporozhye State Medical University:
Accreditation and Recognition
Zaporozhye State Medical University is recognized & accreditation by:
- 4th level accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science Ukraine
- Medical Board of California
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Sri Lanka Medical Council
- World Health Organization (WHO)
About Courses & Faculties
The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Medical faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of postgraduate education
Welcome to Faculty of Medicine at State “Zaporozhye state medical university”. The Medical course at “Zaporozhye state medical university” takes six years and prompts MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MBBS. The medium of teaching is English. In the undergraduate program, among six years of focused study students take in various subjects from basic subjects to Special medical subjects.
Great personalities and researchers begin their career and development in the classroom itself. Where students and well experienced faculty make learning easy and interesting.
We are very sure that students who wants to study in Zaporozhye state medical university because they want to help people as doctor and change their society, make life living full, and the only reason we have faith as physician (Doctor) there is great career in the world.
Accommodation & Hostel for International Students
Zaporozhye State Medical University has well-organized hostels protected by a specialized guard for 24 hours.
- The hostel campus has 5 buildings with reading halls, computer rooms, medical center, sports center, courts and stadium, canteens and cafes, clothing repair shop, a shoe repair shop on its territory.
- Canteen with fine cuisine available at the hostel premises.
- Hostel campus at the university is moderated by video surveillance and control.
- Patrolling of the university is conducted by a university guide with the assistant of police.
- There is an internet hall in the hostel campus that provides 24 hr internet access.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in the Zaporozhye city is around 200 to 250 USD per month.
This table below can give a brief idea about the expenses in Zaporozhye city for a month. This may vary person to person by their living style.
|Particulars||Expense Range in USD||Expense Range in RS|
|Rent||142-170||10,000 – 11,900|
Scientific Centers of Zaporozhye State Medical University
Zaporozhye State Medical University has the following laboratories and research centers:
- Institute of Human Clinical Pathology
- Research Institute of Medical and Environmental Problems
- Educational Medical laboratory Center
- Certification and Examination Laboratory of Cosmetic Goods
- Innovation and Technology transfer Service
- Metrology Service
About Zaporozhye City
Zaporozhye is a city located on the Dnieper river which is the cultural and industrial center of the south of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye region. The population is around 745,000 with an area of 331 sq.km. The Zaporozhye city was founded in the year of 1770 when the fortress of Aleksandrovsk was established.
The climate of Zaporozhye is continental. Summer is warm, winter is moderately mild with a lack of snow. The average temperature in July is plus 22.5 degree Celsius and in January minus 3.1 degree Celsius.
The city has more than 280 enterprises which include machine building, metallurgy and metal processing, chemical and petrochemical industry, food industry etc. At Zaporozhye city, transportation is provided by trams, trolleybuses, taxis, electric trains. Zaporozhye railway junction is produced by the intersection of two main lines Moscow-Kharkov-Zaporozhye Sevastopol-Zaporozhye-Donbass.