After the establishment on October 18, 1945, Uzhhorod National Medical University has received the status of autonomy in the Carpathian, Ukraine. Uzhhorod National Medical University is the largest university in the Carpathian region. From the past years, the university has developed its own school of teaching, scientific and educational traditions.
Uzhhorod National University has 1275 staff for scientific and pedagogical work, 146 doctors of sciences, 698 candidates of sciences, 11 honored scientists, 4 honored workers of National education of Ukraine & 14 honored doctors of Ukraine.
Around 13,000 students study medicine at UNU. University trains the specialists in different areas of qualification level, 53 areas of a bachelor degree, 101 specialties, Masters, Junior specialists etc. Uzhhorod National Medical University has received a rank in 13th position among all other universities in Ukraine.
- 25 research institutes, 23 scientific institutes
- 4 museums, College of humanities and natural science
- Scientific library, sports complex
- Vivarium, Botanical garden.
- Medical center, dental clinic
- Media Center
- Administrative sections
Uzhhorod National University – Quick Highlights
The important numbers and quick information about the Uzhhorod National Medical University is mentioned in the table below:
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs. 2.24 Lakh/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English & European|
|Total Intake||15,000 +|
|University Ranking||Country rank – 16|
World rank – 3483
|Accreditation||Received 4th level accreditation|
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Uzhhorod National Medical University
These points mentioned below are some of the reasons to push your thoughts about taking MBBS admission to Uzhhorod National University:
- Being one of the top-ranked universities in Ukraine it becomes the best choices for Indian students to pursue their MBBS degree here.
- It has got the accreditation of some of the top medical councils of many of the countries which means the medical degree from this university is recognized worldwide.
- The tuition fee charged for the MBBS course in this university is way much affordable compared to other european countries and universities.
- The availability of the Indian food and the friendly environment of the students and staff makes Indian students feel like home.
- The qualified teaching staff and the education quality level is another reason students prefer the Uzhhorod National Medical University.
- University has affiliated hospitals and high-quality types of equipment which help students in better understanding and internships become more practical.
MBBS Course Duration – Uzhhorod National Medical University
The course duration of MBBS in Uzhhorod National Medical University is 6 years:
MBBS degree’s duration in Ukraine is of 6 years, this includes 5 years’ course and 1 year of internship.
MBBS Syllabus – Uzhhorod National Medical University
The syllabus for MBBS course in Ukraine is shown in the table below:
|1st-Year Course||2nd-Year Course|
|3rd-Year Course||4th-Year Course|
|5th-Year Course||6th-Year Course|
|Semester 1 & Semester 2||Semester 3 & Semester 4|
|Medical Biology, Genetics, and Parasitology||Normal Physiology|
|Histology, Cytology, and Embryology||Microbiology|
|History of Medicine||Philosophy|
|Latin Language and Medical Terminology||Economics|
|Bio-inorganic, Information science, and Medical Equipment||Russian language|
|Semester 1 & Semester 2||Semester 3 & Semester 4|
|Bases of psychology and pedagogic||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Social medicine and organization of health protection services||Remedial gymnastics and sport medicine|
|Pathological anatomy||Dermatovenerol diseases|
|Pharmacology and medical dispensing of medicine||Psychiatry, narcology and medical psychology|
|Pathological physiology||Nervous diseases|
|Propaedeutic of children diseases with the care of children||Faculty pediatrics with medical genetics|
|Radial diagnostics and radial therapy||Radiative medicine|
|General surgery with anesthesiology and cafe of patients||Phthisiatry (Tuberculosis)|
|Operative surgery||Facultative therapy with physiotherapy|
|Propaedeutic of inner diseases with the care of patients||Economics of health protection|
|General hygiene||Faculty surgery|
|Semester 9 & Semester 10||Semester 11 & Semester 12|
|ENT||Social medicine and organization of health protection|
|Occupational diseases||Economics of health protection|
|Traumatology and orthopedic||Internal medicine|
|Hospital podiatry||Infectious diseases|
|Pediatrics surgery||Clinical pharmacology|
|Infectious and tropical diseases||Children infection diseases|
|Epidemiology and military epidemiology||Obstetrics and gynecology|
|Children infectious diseases||Pediatric surgery|
|Oncology||Reanimatology (intensive care)|
|Urgent states medicine of catastrophes||Surgical diseases|
|Forensic medicine||Clinical immunology and allergology|
|Basics of law||Neurosurgery|
|Military field surgery||Therapy|
Uzhhorod National University- MBBS Fee Structure 2020-2021
One of the top-ranked medical universities, Uzhhorod National Medical University offers students a cost-efficient medical degree. Check out the annual fee structure:
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 3800|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.2,81,200|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees(approx)||Rs.75,000|
Note: 1$= Rs.74
Uzhhorod National Medical University – Academic Calendar 2020
Students should not miss these important dates, these are the important dates for application and admission dates:
|Application Start Date||June 2021|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks from application|
|Admission Start Date||July 2021|
|Last Date of Admission||15 November 2021|
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course
Students have to fit in the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Uzhhorod National Medical University for the MBBS course:
- A candidate who has passed the 12th standard exam with minimum of 50% marks and with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects can apply for the seat of MBBS to take admission.
- The age of the candidate should be at least 17 year and maximum 25 years at the time of admission or before the 31st December of the admission year.
- Candidates need to clear the NEET exam with qualifying marks.
- There is no need to attempt any type of English language proficiency test.
Documents Required: For MBBS Course
Students need to have the following documents for the admission process:
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- NEET report card
- Student Visa (after admission is confirmed)
- Passport size photos
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Medical test report
Students need to follow these steps to take admission in Ukraine for MBBS in Uzhhorod National Medical University:
Step 1: Fill the admission form and get ready for all the necessary documents.
Step 2: Submit all the documents online or at the office of ‘Select Your University’
Step 3: After submitting the application and the documents, the qualified students will get the invitation letter from the university.
Step 4: Pay the tuition fee and after getting an invitation letter for first year.
Step 5: Students need to apply for the student’s visa with the help of invitation letter and first-year fee receipt.
Facilities Provided at Uzhhorod National Medical University
Students learning in Uzhhorod National Medical University gets all the necessary facilities for their educational and personal needs:
Well Furnished Accommodation
Uzhhorod National University – Ranking 2020
As per UniRank (4icu), the Country and World Ranking of Uzhhorod National University:
Medium of Teaching
The Medium of teaching in Uzhhorod National Medical University is English and Ukrainian:
For native students the courses are taught in Ukrainian language, where as the foreign students can get their education in English language.
Uzhhorod National University – FMGE Performance 2019
Uzhhorod National University gives one of the best FMGE results in passing percentage. Here is the FMGE 2019 passing percent for the same:
|Name of University||Appeared||Total Pass||Pass %|
|Uzhhorod National University||162||52||31.10%|
Accreditation and Recognition
Uzhhorod National medical university has the following accreditation and recognition:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- The Medical Council of India (MCI)
Courses Offered at Uzhhorod National University
Apart from the MBBS course, there are following courses taught in this university:
General Medicine (MBBS)
Public Health Care
Hostel and Accommodation
The accommodation facility provided by the Uzhhorod National Medical University is very much affordable and comfortable for the students:
- The accommodation facility provided by Uzhhorod National Medical University is lavish.
- There are 5 hostels in university campus for students accommodation purposes.
- Around 2500 students can stay in these well equipped hostels.
- Students are provided with all the basic and necessary amenities like pillows, beds, bedsheets, tables, chairs, fans, electricity.
- There is a cafeteria for students in the hostel area.
- Security guards are provided for the safety purpose of every student.
Cost of Living at Uzhhorod
The expenses of living in Ukraine is not much different than living in India:
The table below shows the average and approx cost of living in Uzhhorod for a month. This may vary from person to person and according to the living style of the students
|Particulars||Approx range in USD||Approx range in RS|
|Accommodation (other than a hostel)||150-200||10500-14000|
|Other expenses||70 -75||4900-5300|
Note: for calculation purposes 1$= Rs.70
Airport Pickup Service
Being in the new country and city students may need help and guidance. ‘Select Your University’ with cooperation of Uzhhorod National Medical university provides the special airport pickup service for our students to help them reach safely to the college campus:
Students going for a medical degree in foreign countries can face some confusion at first. Select Your University and Uzhhorod National Medical University take care of the students. There is an ‘Airport Pickup Service’ for all the Indian students going for medical education at Uzhhorod National Medical University.
It has been taken care of to pick the students from the airport to the university campus by the Uzhhorod National Medical University. The students who are arriving for the first time in Ukraine are taken care of pick up as well as temporary accommodation service.
International Cooperation of Uzhhorod National University
- The department of international cooperation imparts implementing a strategy of international activities of the university.
- Work of department includes development, expansion and strengthening of international relations with the world.
About Uzhhorod City
Uzhhorod is the center of Zakarpattia region located on Uzh river about 800 km west of Kyiv on Slovakia border. Uzhhorod has a population of 113,000 with the area of 65 sq.km at the foot of Carpathian mountains. Uzhhorod has temperature continental climate.
Uzhhorod is protected from cold winds by the Carpathians. Old castle is the main attraction of the city located in south-east region. The average temperature in January is minus 1.7 degrees Celsius and in July is plus 20.9-degree Celsius.
Uzhhorod is one of the regional centers of Ukraine with urban transport represented by minibuses and taxis. Uzhhorod belongs to the type of cities having significant architectural heritage, architectural ensemble, architectural monuments, and local significance. Uzhhorod has a botanical garden of national importance, two botanical and hydrological monuments of nature.