UKRAINE is a cool and serene European country with good security for foreign nationals. People of Ukraine are very friendly, warm and co-operative. It is the second-largest country in Europe after Russia, which it borders to the east and north-east. Ukraine also shares borders with Belarus to the north; Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary to the west; Romania and Moldova to the south; and has a coastline along the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea.
Literacy rate: Estimated 99.4%
Language: Ukranian, English
Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia = INR 2.7 (Approx)
Dialling code: +380
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
Climate: Moderate to cold
Time Difference from India: -2.30 hours from India during summer &
-3.30 hours from India during winters
Direct Flight duration from
Delhi to Kyiv, Ukraine: 7-8 hours direct flight
Independence Day: 24th August
MBBS IN UKRAINE
MBBS Degree Name: MD (Physician) equivalent to MBBS in India.
MBBS Course Duration: 6 Years (This includes clinical training which is done in Ukraine.)
Min Eligibility: Min 17 Years Age, 12th PCB with min 50% marks &
Admission Intakes: September/October and March/April
MBBS Classes: Monday to Friday (08:45 am to 5:00 pm)
Entry Level Exam: Basic level exam covering Chemistry, Biology and English before start of classes
The first long holidays come in the month of January during the Christmas period. Christmas in Ukraine is celebrated on the 7th of January. Very few students come back to India during this period as the holidays are not for a long period. The long holidays start around June end and the whole of July and August are holidays. Almost all international students return to their home country during this period.
KROK Exam in Ukraine:
After completing the 3rd year of the MBBS program in Ukraine, the student has to appear for KROK-1. If you don’t clear this exam within the stipulated number of attempts, then you will have to repeat the 3rd year. This exam is a national exam and has to be given by every student who does Ukraine MBBS, even Ukrainian students. Similarly, you appear for KROK-2 after completing the 6th year and if you can’t clear KROK-2 then you will have to repeat the 6th year.
After Completing MBBS in Ukraine:
There are lots of options available for Indian students post completing MBBS in Ukraine. You can apply for PG from India, USA, UK, etc. for which you need to clear the entrance exam like USMLE for USA, NEXT Exam for India, PLAB test for UK, etc. Students can also go for PG in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. The MBBS degree of Ukraine is valid worldwide.
The student can explore the opportunities in Ukraine itself and go for PG also, and settle in Ukraine. You can also look for work in EU nations. You need not appear for any other exam to work in most of the countries in Europe provided that you learn the local language and clear its tests. One of the most popular choices is PG in Germany. A lot of PG options are available to the students.
Foreign students are required to learn the local language:
Learning the local language is necessary because it will be required for clinical practice as you will interact with the patients and it will help you in day-to-day activities.
There is no additional cost of this as the local language is taught as a part of the curriculum. The classes for the local language start from the 1st year.
Work while studying MBBS in Ukraine is NOT ALLOWED:
You are not allowed to work while studying MBBS in Ukraine. Also, you will be having a study visa with no work permit.
- Certificate of Birth (original + copy)
- Class 10th and class 12th mark sheet (original + copy)
- Migration certificate (original + copy)
- Valid NEET Scorecard
- Original Passport
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photographs for Visa
- HIV Report, COVID-19 Report
National, State Owned & Worldwide Recognised Medical Universities in Ukraine
|Name of the University||Tuition Fee Per Year (In US $)||Admission & Administrative Charges (In US $): One-time first year services at Ukraine Details provided below table)||Hostel & Mess Fee Per Year (10 Months) (In US $)|
|HOSTEL FEE (Triple Sharing)||MESS FEE|
|O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University–Estd 1841||3500 1st year 4700 2nd year onwards||2800||800||1300|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University-Estd 1916||4402||2200||800||800|
|Ternopil State Medical University-Estd. 1957||3800 1st year 4420 2nd & 3rd year 4520 4th year 4620 5th & 6th year||2200||1000 1st year 700 2nd year onwards||1000|
|Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University-Estd. 1945||4000||2200||1000||1000|
|Vinnytsia National Pirogov Medical University-Estd. 1944||5000||2200||1000||1000|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University-Estd. 1748||4900||2800||1000||1300|
|Uzhhorod National University Estd. 1945||3800||2000||800||1000|
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University-Estd. 1966||3700||2000||800||1000|
Tuition fee: can be paid in 2 instalments semester wise. Other charges like hostel, mess need to be pre paid on annual basis.
One time admission & administrative first year services at Ukraine include (Charges mentioned in table as per University):
- One time Ukraine airport pick up
- Assistance with immigration clearance in Ukraine
- Ukraine SIM card at arrival
- Temporary Residence Permit (TRC)
- Translation & legalisation of documents
- University registration & enrolment
- Medical insurance
- Covid Test & quarantine charges
- Hostel registration and allotment
- Bank account opening in Ukraine
- Screening test coaching in Ukraine
- Assistance and support in Ukraine for the full 6 years. We assist the students in an emergency, medical and general situation. These services are carried out at the respective University/Hostel where the student lives.
India processing fee (one time): Rs 1,45,000/-
This amount is pre-paid, which means that it is paid up-front to enable the processing. It covers the following expenses:
- Counselling and guidance for admission to Best University for studying MBBS in Ukraine
- Admission letter from the university selected by the student
- Invitation letter from the university and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Visa processing & Embassy fee along with Visa processing supporting documents
- Payment of University ragistration fee and completion of the entire admission process
- Education loan assistance
- Foreign exchange assistance
- We coordinate for sending all our students in a group from India to Ukraine
- Providing India Screening Test/FMGE/NEXT study material to students
Flight ticket cost extra: Currently ticket from Delhi to Kiev is around 25000₹ to 40000₹ (due to Covid)
NO HIDDEN EXPENSES
Accommodation for MBBS students in Ukraine:
Co-ed fully furnished hostels on double or triple sharing basis. It is mandatory for the student to live in hostel for the first year. Indian mess on chargeable basis is mandatory for 1st Year. It is suggested that students opt for hostel facility in later years also. There are kitchen appliances available in hostels in case student wants to cook food themselves and do not wish to opt for the mess facility. This option is available 2nd year onwards.
TOP REASONS TO STUDY MBBS in UKRAINE
There are many reasons of pursuing MBBS in Ukraine. Some of them are:
- High Education Standards: Ukraine’s education system is well advanced and on par with the western countries like US, Canada, UK, Australia and Other European countries. The Medical Universities in Ukraine offer high quality standards. It is one of the top-5 destinations for MBBS abroad.
- Globally Recognised MBBS Degree: The MBBS degree from Ukraine is called MD Physician. It is recognized by most countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Germany, and India to name a few. Graduates from Ukrainian medical universities can work anywhere in the field of Medicine as the qualification is recognized by WHO.
· Safe country for Indian students: Ukraine is a safe country for Indian students. Indian students have been studying in Ukraine for more than 25 years at least. More than 20,000 Indian students are studying in Ukraine and more than 80,000 international students study in Ukraine. At most universities, there are at least 500 Indian students. Some even have more than 1,500 Indian students. For girls, Ukraine is a very safe country.
· Low Fee Structure: The MBBS in Ukraine fee structure is between USD 3,500-5,000 per annum.
- Direct Admission: No entrance examination is required to get admission in a medical university in Ukraine. The applicants are not required to clear any entrance exam viz. TOEFL or IELTS but they must have a valid NEET Scorecard.\
- High FMGE Passing Percentage: Ukraine has a higher FMGE passing percentage than China, Russia, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus, Germany, Poland, and Tajikistan.
- Popular amongst International Students: Ukraine is gaining a lot of popularity among international students as they enjoy European living standards with a very safe environment. Ukraine is one of the best and most popular MBBS abroad destinations among Indian students.
- Government Universities: Most of the universities in Ukraine for MBBS are government regulated and most of them are about 150-250 years old.
- Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction for the full 6-years is English. Students will also be taught the local language which is necessary during clinical.
- USMLE/PLAB Eligible: Indian students are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams such as USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), etc after graduation from Ukraine.
- Small Class Strength: The teacher to student ratio is 1:12 – small class size ensures that each student gets adequate attention and quality delivery.
- On-Campus Support: We will provide on-campus support for the full stay of the student in Ukraine. Our representatives visit Ukraine every year and we provide guardianship in Ukraine.
- Indian Mess: Indian mess is available in almost every university which serves both veg and non-veg food to the Indian students. Good food at a reasonable cost is available.
- Next Coaching Preparation Support: Indian students will get screening test coaching from Indian teachers at the university campus in Ukraine.
- Indian Embassy in Ukraine: One of the biggest advantages of studying in Ukraine is the presence and support of the Indian Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine.