University was established in 1814. This university is one of the most topmost Medical Universities in Russia. From this university, thousands of Indians have graduated in the past.
Kazan State Medical University is a multileveled and multifunctional state institution of higher education in medicine in Russia.
The Kazan State Medical University prepares excellent experts in various fields of medicine. Among medical schools of the Russian Federation, Kazan State Medical University holds 16th place.
Kazan State Medical University – Quick Highlights
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|Neet Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 190|
World Rank – 5340
|Course Duration||6 years|
|University Recognition||Approved by MCI|
|Medium of Education||English|
Kazan State Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to UniRank (4icu), the ranking of https://www.4icu.org/reviews/10923.htmKazan State Medical University – is as follows:
Kazan State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2020
Following is the fee structure for Kazan State Medical University for MBBS program:
|Fees in USD (approx)||$5,200|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.3,64,000|
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)||Rs.21,000|
Note: $1 = Rs. 70 (it may vary)
Other overhead one time expenses (Registration charges etc.), food charges can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately). The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
Benefits of Studying at Kazan State Medical University
Below are the benefits of studying at Kazan State Medical University:
- After Moscow and St. Petersburg, Kazan State Medical University is the third oldest Medical University in Russia.
- KSMU is recognized by the Ministry of Healthcare & Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and it is the only such university in Kazan.
- KSMU is a Government funded University.
- This university in Kazan, is recognized by the WHO, and it is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- This is the only university in Kazan, recognized by ECFMG (USA).
- This university is recognized by leading medical councils such as MCI, AMC, GMC, etc.
- Kazan State Medical University conducts the whole MBBS course in English-medium. All the practicals, lectures, laboratory studies, seminars, examinations, tests, state examinations are conducted in the English language.
- There are 33 general hospitals, 21 polyclinics, maternity hospitals, outpatients departments, dental polyclinics, etc. with the total number of beds around 9000.
- For international students, depending upon their preferences and budget, the Kazan State Medical University has a number of living facilities.
Kazan State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Micro-Biology and Path physiology||enetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th -6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Courses offered at the Kazan State Medical University
Eligibility Criteria for studying MBBS at Kazan State Medical University
- The applicant must have completed his/her 12th Standard from a reputed board or organization and must have at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- He/she must have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- Applicants must not be suffering from any contagious disease such as Aids, or tuberculosis etc.
- Applicants must have their passport ready.
Admission Process for MBBS Course
The admission procedure at the Kazan State Medical University is as follows:
A prospective student can apply online as instructed below:-
- Step 1 : Open the application form.
- Step 2 : Fill in the application form accurately.
- Step 3 : Attach the documents given below: – Scanned copy of marks (grades) of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education (should be translated into Russian language) – Results of NEET (only for candidates from India) – Scanned copy of your Passport (should be translated into Russian language) Students should send all the documents on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Step 4 : After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
- Step 5 : As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you, your visa invitation.
- Step 6 : Stamp your visa in the Embassy (Consulate) of Russian Federation, once you receive the visa invitation.
Required Documents at the time of Admission
- Transfer Certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Migration Certificate
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Medical Council of India’s Eligibility certificate
- HIV reports and medical insurance by a recognized hospital
- Birth Certificate
- NEET Score Card
Student Life at Kazan State Medical University
- Athletic programs are conducted by the Kazan State Medical University for students.
- Located on the banks of the Volga river, the students are provided with relaxation in the camp ‘Medic’.
- KSMU provides a year round recreation program which includes tennis, basketball, football, swimming in summers, and skiing and skating in winters.
- International students get their services from Kazan State Medical University.
- Different kinds of activities are arranged by the student’s club.
- Students celebrate different kinds of activities together and they also have a newspaper named “Kazan Medical Student”.
- Kazan State Medical University also provides students opportunities to realize their potential not only in studies, but also in scientific research, in creativity, and public work, sports, International conferences, and symposiums
Kazan State Medical University – Accommodation Facilities
- There are 6 hostels at this university for the students. The hostels are very near to the university.
- The hostels are very safe, asPolice protection is provided to these hostels.
- According to the comfort level of the students, there are rooms of different types at the university, and thus the hostel charges vary. A room is generally shared by 2-3 students.
- All the rooms in the hostel are well furnished and comfortable and are provided with basic amenities like heater, wi-fi facility, a telephone, and a TV set.
- At the hostel, bathrooms and kitchens are provided on the sharing basis.
- To socialize and to meet new friends, there is a special area for students in the hostel.
- University dormitories are available at the university for international students.
Cost of Living at Kazan
|Particulars||In Rupees (approx. range)|
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.24 – Rs.480|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1700 – Rs.1800|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.30|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.2010|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.17360 – Rs.25,500|
About Kazan City
Kazan is a city located on the Volga river and about 820 km east of Moscow. The city is the capital of the Tatarstan Republic. The city is one of the most important scientific, economic, and cultural centers of the country.
The population of the city Kazan is about 1,205,600 according to 2015 census, within the area of 425 sq. km. Kazan is known as the sports capital of Russia and it is also known as a University City.
The locals of Kazan City are very loving and hospitable. Kazan has gorgeous architecture, breathtaking scenery, magnificent palaces, and towering churches.
The city of Kazan is well connected by railways, buses, river port and an international airport. The public transport system is extensively developed in Kazan and it consists of trolleybuses, buses, trams and metro (subways). The average annual temperature in Kazan city is 11.0 °C. The rainfall here in the city is around 452 mm. The climate in the Kazan city is mild, warm, and temperate.