First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) was established in the year 1758 and it is considered as one of the Top Medical Universities in Russia. This university has been a pioneer in the Russian Healthcare System as it is the oldest university in Russia. Many renowned scientists and physicians who are known for their significant contributions in the progress of medicine have already worked at the University.
There are overall 19,000 students at the university, out of which 3,500 are international students. There are students from around 90 countries all over the world at the university. The biggest number of foreign students are from Malaysia, China, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, Namibia, South Africa, etc.
First Moscow State Medical University – Quick Highlights 2020
Given below is the table for quick facts about First Moscow State Medical University:
|Intake for MBBS Course||August, 2020|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45 – 60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||Must have secondary school certificate and studied PCB at 12th in school|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||9750 USD|
|Medium of Education||English / Russian|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 38|
World Rank – 12273
|University Recognition||MCI & WHO Approved|
Why Study MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University?
Below are the main reasons why students should study at First Moscow State Medical University:
- The ‘Sechenov University’ is the largest research medical school in Russia and it was established in 1758.
- Today it offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught in English and Russian in all areas of medicine, biology and biotechnology, including bachelor’s degrees, master’s programs, clinical residency programs, specialist degrees, PhD programs and CME courses.
- With proactive multidisciplinary studies in network cooperation with world leaders in Engineering, Technology and Natural Sciences, Sechenov University develops “Medicine of the Future” on the solid academic basis of clinical medicine broadening the horizons.
- The university has a scientific library which has a unique collection of scientific publications in medicine and healthcare.
- There is no entrance exam for admission to this university and no donation required.
- The First Moscow State Medical University has low tuition fee and great infrastructure.
- The medium of instruction at the university is English, so it is an advantage for the students.
- It is quite easy for new students to adapt and assimilate into new places and cultures of Russia, as there are a lot of International Students in the First Moscow State Medical University from various countries. Also, the staff of this university is also friendly and caring.
First Moscow State Medical University – MBBS Fee Structure 2020
Following is the fee structure for First Moscow State Medical University for MBBS program:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
|Tuition Fee (approx.)||$9750||$9750||$9750||$9750||$9750||$9750|
|Medical + Insurance + Registration Fee (approx.)||$250||$250||$250||$250||$250||$250|
|Total (USD) (approx.)||$11000||$10300||$10300||$10300||$10300||$10300|
|Fees in Indian Rupees (approx.)||Rs.7.70 lakhs||Rs.7.21 lakhs||Rs.7.21 lakhs||Rs.7.21 lakhs||Rs.7.21 lakhs||Rs.7.21 lakhs|
- $1 = Rs.70
- Other overhead one time expenses (Registration charges etc.), food charges can be extra up to Rs.70,000/- (or more approximately).
- The above mentioned fees are approximate, and may vary as per the change in currency.
First Moscow State Medical University – MBBS Course Duration
The MBBS course duration at First Moscow State Medical University is 6 years.
- The MBBS course is divided into 2 parts.
- 5 years of theoretical knowledge in college and practicals at labs and the remaining 1 year is for the compulsory internship.
- The internship is a must for every student.
- The university has affiliated hospitals where students are advised to complete their internship.
First Moscow State Medical University – MBBS Syllabus
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University is as follows:1st Year
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Biochemistry||Micro-Biology, and Physiology|
|Physiology and Cell biology||–|
|microbiology, general pathology.||–|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Path physiology||genetics and principles of clinical medicine|
4th – 6th Year
|Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology.|
The eligibility criteria to study MBBS at First Moscow State Medical University is as follows:
- Applicants must have cleared the NEET exam for admission to the MBBS course in any country abroad.
- The applicant must have completed his/her 12th Standard from a reputed board or organization and must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects in their 12th standard.
- He/she must have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
The admission procedure at First Moscow State Medical University is as follows:
An MBBS aspirant can apply online as instructed below:-
Step 1: Open the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form accurately.
Step 3: Attach the documents given below:
- Scanned copy of marksheets of completion of higher secondary education / tertiary education (all the documents should be translated into Russian language)
- Results of NEET exam
- Scanned copy of your Passport (should be translated into Russian language)
Step 4: After fulfilling all the conditions and upon acceptance students will be provided with a provisional admission letter (in electronic format) upon request.
Step 5: As soon as your visa invitation will be ready, the university will mail you, your visa invitation.
Step 6: Stamp your visa in the Embassy (Consulate) of Russian Federation, once you receive the visa invitation.
Following documents are required for admission to First Moscow State Medical University:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- NEET Score Card
- Medical Council of India’s Eligibility certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs
- Passport or ID Card.(minimum valid for two years)
- Migration Certificate
- HIV reports and medical insurance by a recognized hospital Birth Certificate
First Moscow State Medical University – Ranking 2020
According to 4icu.org, the country and world ranking of First Moscow State Medical University is as follows:
Accreditation and Recognition
The First Moscow State Medical University has following Accreditation and Recognition:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of Education, Azerbaijan
Courses Offered at First Moscow State Medical University
Following are the faculties at First Moscow State Medical University:
Health Care and Economics
Higher Nursing Training
Management and Economics of Health
Student’s Life at First Moscow State Medical University
Below is the student life at First Moscow State Medical University:
- Sechenov University has established a Center for International Education which coordinates international students, provides a particular focus on their integration with all University-based and outside activities, and assists them with all migration-related issues.
- The university also provides numerous opportunities to students to obtain and improve knowledge in the fields of their interest.
- A wider list of after-school activities organized at Sechenov University on a daily basis can be listed here such as meetings of student societies on different areas of medicine and healthcare, multiple extracurricular lectures by world class researchers and physicians, intellectual quizzes and language speaking clubs, etc.
- The university has Well-equipped indoor and outdoor sports facilities including tennis courts, stadiums, and a swimming pool.
- The university organizes athletics classes in sports such as Soccer, Rugby, Volleyball, Cheer-leading, Hockey, Basketball, Majorette, Dancing, etc. Also skating, sledding, cross-country and downhill skiing, snowboarding, and many more (in Winter Season).
- Many annual events also take place at the university, like, for example, ‘Miss Sechenov University’.
- The University also organizes many excursions to the main historic places, nearby cities, museums, and even hiking and camping in the forests.
- Thus, all these things make study years of students intensive, useful, exciting and memorable.
Hostel and Accommodation
Following are the hostel facilities at First Moscow State Medical University:
- First Moscow State Medical University offers affordable on-campus hostel facilities to the students.
- For the initial years, all the international students are advised to choose and stay there, at the hostels.
- The hostels are equipped with all the necessary items such as a bed, a shelf, tables, chairs, etc.
- At the First Moscow State Medical University, all the students are provided with comfortable rooms for living in hostels for students.
- All the rooms are provided with 24×7 Internet access, TV set and telephone.
- The hostels consist of bathrooms, lavatories and kitchens for students.
- Usually, the accommodation facilities are used by the students on the sharing basis.
- All student’s hostels are under the protection of the police for 24 hours and hence they are safe and secure.
Cost of Living at Moscow
Following are the living expenses at Moscow city:
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.40 – Rs.595|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.2500 – Rs.2800|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.56|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.2430|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.14000 – Rs.25,000|
About Moscow City
Below are some noticeable things about Moscow city:
- Moscow, being Russia’s capital city, is home to over 10 million residents and countless non-residents.
- Moscow city is the main transport hub of Russia, it is a political, cultural, economic, and scientific center.
- The population of Moscow is about 12,198,000 according to the 2015 census, and it has an area of 2,561 sq.km.
- Moscow is the largest financial and scientific center.
- Moscow is the largest city by area on the European continent.
- In the Central Federal District of European Russia, Moscow is situated on the Moskva River, and it is well known for its architecture, particularly its historic buildings.
- The climate of the Moscow city is moderate continental, heavy frosts and extreme heat are rare. The average temperature in the month of January is minus 7.2 Celsius, and in July it is plus 20.4 degrees Celsius.